Call for Applications: Camargo Foundation Core Program
Deadline: 17 October 2018
Applications are open for the “Camargo Core Program” which offers time and space in a contemplative environment to think, create, and connect. By supporting groundbreaking research and experimentation, it contributes to the visionary work of artists, scholars and thinkers in the Arts and Humanities. By encouraging multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches, it intends to foster connections between research and creation.
- Research, Experiment and Create
- Applicants may apply either with a specific project (e.g. completion of a book, an artwork, etc.) or with a specific area of inquiry (i.e. an investigation of a specific topic or issue in advance of writing or creating a work of art) on which they would like to work during the residency.
- Exchange & Network
- During the residency, discussions are held regularly so that each Fellow has the opportunity to present the project or area of inquiry to the group. These project discussions serve as an opportunity for interdisciplinary exchange.
The Camargo Foundation welcomes applications from all countries and nationalities. Three main categories are available, and several subcategories for artists’ applications.
- Scholars should be connected to the Arts and Humanities working on French and Francophone cultures, or cross-cultural studies that engage the cultures and influences of the Mediterranean region.
- To be eligible for a fellowship in the “Scholars” category, applicants are expected either to hold a PhD and a record of post-doctoral scholarship, or to be PhD candidates completing the final stages of research
for, or writing of, their dissertation.
- Thinkers include accomplished professionals and practitioners in cultural and creative fields (such as curators, journalists, critics, urban planners, independent scholars, etc.) who are professionally engaged in critical thought. The foundation is interested in work attuned to the theoretical “arena”, the arts, and society.
- Artists, in all disciplines, should be the primary creators of a new work/project and should have achieved a track record of publications/ performances/exhibitions, credits, awards and/or grants.
- Foundation is interested in artists who have a fully developed, mature artistic voice.
- Applicants may include artists who are engaged in critical thought and research-oriented projects. When applying, artists will have to choose among the following subcategories: Visual Artists / Choreographers and Performance Artists / Writers and Playwrights / Film, Video and Digital Artists / Composers and Sound Artists / Multidisciplinary Artists.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit Camargo Foundation.