Call for Applications: 2023 GBIF Award for Young Researchers
On behalf of the National Participant Network, the GBIF Secretariat is pleased to invite nominations for the 2023 Graduate Researcher Award.
This annual program aims to encourage and recognize innovative research and discoveries in biodiversity informatics made by graduate students whose master’s and doctoral studies are based on data from GBIF.
A jury organized by the GBIF Scientific Committee will select two winners from the pool of applicants whose names are received by the GBIF Secretariat by June 19, 2023. The GBIF Secretariat will announce the winners in early fall 2023 and present the winners at the 30th meeting of the GBIF Governing Board (GB30) scheduled for Canberra, Australia in October 2023.
- The 2023 program will offer a pair of prizes worth €5,000 recognizing the work of two early-career researchers – preferably, a master’s candidate and a doctoral student – who receive official nominations from Heads of Delegations or communication node managers of GBIF participating countries.
- Applicants must provide a letter of support attesting to their affiliation with a graduate university program to be eligible for the award. Applicants must be either:
- citizens of a GBIF participating country
- students from an institution located in a GBIF participating country
- Nominations can come from the GBIF Delegation or Node of the candidate’s country of citizenship or the country of the candidate’s host institution.
Although the deadline for receipt of nominations to the GBIF Secretariat is June 19, local deadlines apply.
- United States of America: May 19, 2023
- United Kingdom: May 19, 2023
- South Africa: May 26, 2023
- Australia: May 31, 2023
- Colombia: May 31, 2023
- Mexico: May 31, 2023
- Portugal: May 31, 2023
- Argentina: June 2, 2023
- Guatemala: June 4, 2023
For more information, visit Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF).