BSF recruits 01 Content and Facilitation Technical Advisor
Bibliothèques Sans Frontières / Libraries Without Borders (BSF) is an international NGO founded in 2007 which works to strengthen the autonomy and resilience of vulnerable populations by providing access to information and education and promoting cultural diversity. In the Middle-East, in Central and Eastern Africa, in Europe, in Bangladesh or in Colombia, BSF works to put in place safe spaces and services for education, professional training, psychological support and social cohesion for vulnerable populations. To provide these services, BSF created the Ideas Box, a multimedia centers in a kit to provide access to a library, a cinema, thousands of educational and informational resources, without internet connection. The resources are carefully selected to match the needs, language, and culture of the local users. The technological equipment and teaching methods offered by the Ideas Box transform places like schools, libraries, and community centers into comprehensive resource and learning centers.
For more information: www.bibliosansfrontieres.org (French)/ www.librarieswithoutborders.org (English)
Bangladesh has been on the front line of the Rohingya crisis for over 30 years. Since the events of the 25th of August 2017, more than 671,000 Rohingyas have crossed the border between Myanmar and Bangladesh. Today, there are nearly 1 million refugees in the country.
Since 2018, BSF has been conducting interventions aiming at supporting access to education, to information and to strengthen protection of the district’s communities in partnership with INGOs and UN agencies. Ideas Boxes have thus been deployed to enhance the resilience of the Rohingya refugees and host communities with the following objectives:
- To empower youth and women through an access to non formal education and vocational trainings
- To provide quality access to information
- To foster social cohesion and strengthen communities’ resilience through the promotion of community interaction and participation
In 2020, BSF supports the implementation of 8 Ideas Box and 16 Ideas Cubes, in and around the Rohingya refugee camps, to enhance access to information, expression, communication, non formal education and recreational services. BSF provides tailored physical and digital content and activities to address local needs and languages. Through capacity building, BSF supports the local teams and partners in using the provided resources to their full potential.
To support its programming in country, BSF is looking for a Content and Facilitation Technical Advisor to join its teams in Cox’s Bazaar.
BSF is looking for a dynamic and result-oriented Content and Facilitation Technical Advisor who will play an essential role within our team to support quality program implementation.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Content and Facilitation Technical Advisor ensures that the tools and methodologies designed and prepared for each project are relevant to address the needs of the targeted populations and partners. He/she contributes to the capacity building of the Bangladesh team on content curation, facilitation and training.
He/she assesses needs, curates adapted physical and digital content, defines and creates activities, training sessions, and field support designed to achieve BSF’s project objectives.
The Content & Facilitation Technical Advisor is under the direct authority of the Programme Coordinator and works in close cooperation with the Ideas Box advisors and IT officer.
He/she is also under the functional authority of the Director of Education and Content and works closely with the Education and Content team at BSF Headquarters.
The Content and Facilitation Coordinator is responsible for the following:
Content strategy and curation support
- Supervise and participate when necessary to the needs assessments for new and ongoing projects
- Lead the creation and update of the content strategy for each project
- Support the BSF team in the curation and documentation of physical and digital content adapted to each content strategy
- Present and liaise content to expert referees for their approval
- Identify and work with other content actors and suppliers to source suitable and relevant content
- Participate in the mobilization of local partners for the creation of content
- Collect feedback from the users and partners to adjust the bank of content in order to build and update a broad library of appropriate locally sourced resources
- Keep watch on content providers that are relevant for BSF’s projects in Bangladesh, in order to enrich the database of content and activities, and BSF’s network of experts
- Design, with the Ideas Box advisor and teams, the pedagogical strategy for each project including propositions of activities and courses in line with project objectives
- Select (from the existing catalogue), adapt and design activities and courses to be implemented in each project
- Document existing activities implemented in the Ideas Box and with the Ideas Cubes, and participate in the update of the BSF online bank of activities
- Provide technical guidance and support to the Ideas Box advisors, who support Ideas Box teams on a day-to-day basis in their activities
- Monitor the quality of activities and programming through user feedback in the Ideas Box
- Collect, synthesize, and share with HQ DEDUC team feedback from users and facilitators on content, activities, and equipment in the Ideas Box
- Develop the resources necessary to support Ideas Box on facilitation (activity guides, methodological guides, etc.) and document good practices.
- Design initial and supplementary training sessions for Ideas Box facilitators, relating to the use and management of its tools and content, facilitation and programming, user involvement, in line with existing general guidelines and material
- Contribute to the logistics and facilitation of trainings with the Ideas Box advisor
- Support the drafting of training reports and evaluations
- Contribute to BSF training material for Ideas Box facilitators (in-person and online modules, guides, etc.), especially through the BSF learning platform
- Develop, manage, and train a pool of local trainers if relevant
IT and tools
- Coordinate the integration and update of digital content onto the servers and other IT equipment (curated softwares, applications, etc.)
- Feedback the technical difficulties to the IT department in BSF HQ
Expériences / Formation
Education and experience
- University degree, preferably in facilitation, educational science, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in a related field, preferably in mediation or education
- Experience in training and sharing knowledge with adults
- Interest in selecting content, and innovative technologies that support access to information, culture, and education
- Able to effectively use digital applications and the internet
- Previous professional experience in the region preferred
- Mastery of English and French is required
- Good stress management
- Thorough, organized, and reliable
- Able to work autonomously, sense of responsibility
- Dynamic, capable of making good suggestions
- Capable of adapting, managing priorities, and acting pragmatically
- Interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit
- Integrity, honesty
- Interest for digital education and new technologies is greatly appreciated
- Status: Renewable, 6-months fixed contract
- Beginning: August/September 2020
- Location: based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Salary and benefits: salary based on experience and BSF salary scale, per diem, insurance,
- This is an unaccompanied post
Please fill out the following form (including the sending of CV and cover letter in English) : https://www.bibliosansfrontieres.org/nous-aider/travailler-chez-bsf/