British Embassy in Ankara: Seeking Project Proposals for British Embassy Programme Fund
Deadline: 29 June 2018
The British Embassy (BE) in Ankara is currently accepting project proposals for its 2018/2019 British Embassy Programme Fund to support programme activity in line with the UK government’s foreign policy objectives in Turkey annually.
The programme’s main priority areas are promoting democratic values and structures, human rights, social inclusion and the rule of law.
- Enable strong rule of law, including through strengthening reforms in the justice sector and promoting human rights
- Support the strengthening of civil society organisations to support democratic governance in Turkey
- The funding is in the local currency (Turkish Lira).
- The BEF funds projects between 50.000 and 150.000.
- Any organisation can apply for funding.
- The program does not accept project bids submitted by individuals.
- Projects spanning two financial year are permitted (Note: UK financial year runs from 1 April to 31 March). Please note that the funding for the second year of multiyear projects will depend on the outcomes achieved within the first financial year. The majority of outcomes are expected to be achieved by the end of March.
- Organisations must prove that they are able to manage the project sum in a satisfactory manner; the Embassy may request reports by auditors.
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money
How to Apply
Applicants should send bid forms via email at the address give on the website.
For more information, please visit British Embassy Programme Fund.