British Council’s Future Leaders Connect Program 2018 (Fully funded to the UK and more)
Deadline: May 13, 2018
Are you seeking a chance to connect to a long-term network of emerging leaders from around the globe, who want to change the world through policy making? Apply to be a member of the British Council’s Future Leaders Connect.
Through Future Leaders Connect, the British Council identifies exceptional individuals from across the UK and around the world who could play a significant role in policy making and politics in the years ahead. If you believe you are an emerging leader with an understanding of policy making and the potential to be a senior leader then this could be the opportunity for you.
- As a member of Future Leaders Connect, you will travel to the UK for nine days of advanced policy and leadership development at the University of Cambridge. You will discuss today’s biggest global challenges in the UK Houses of Parliament, meet inspirational leaders and visit world renowned institutions. Following your time in the UK you will have worldwide connections, a policy action plan for change and the skills, knowledge and networks needed to be an influential leader in your country and beyond.
- The costs of travel, accommodation and meals are covered by the British Council and the program is fully accessible. For those who do not gain one of the exclusive places on the program, you will be invited to be part of the Future Leaders Connect Community where you can access a range of free online professional development policy and leadership resources.
- As an applicant, you should be able to passionately explain how you want to make change in your country and how this links to your vision for global change;
- You should have an understanding of policy and are interested in learning more about policy making;
- You should be willing to engage in this long-term opportunity with the British Council to become a member of Future Leaders Connect and be committed to the network;
- You are likely to be in your early to mid-career, aged between 18 and 35 (on Sunday 13 May 2018) and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership;
- You will need to be based in one of the participating countries (Canada, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, UK and USA) and be eligible to access a visa to come to the UK. Applications from Egypt, India and USA are by invitation only;
- The program is open to emerging leaders who are committed to support the development of their country through policy change;
- Diverse group of people with different experiences, ideas and backgrounds are welcome to apply. The program is fully accessible for those with disabilities.
- You should be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (this means you would need to generally have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage and misunderstandings. You can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations). You do not need the official qualification.
- You cannot be currently employed by, or an immediate family member of, the British Council, Gradcore or the Møller Centre.
Interested applicants should proceed to apply here.
For more information, visit British Council Future Leaders Connect Program.
Les Publications du Jour
Pas encore de Publication Aujourd'hui