British Council recrute 01 Administrateur finances
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Finance Administrator, Senegal
At an unprecedented time of global change, the British Council seeks an experienced finance administrator to assist with financial control support in Senegal.
This role supports the Accountant, West Africa Cluster, with the end-to-end accounting process across the operation, including month and year-end close, and ensures consistent, accurate, and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies.
The role will involve collaborating with a team of finance and non-finance personnel in Senegal.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Receive and check over-the-counter income from Customer Services colleagues.
Cash Management: Work with operational team to recognise incomes received per bank statement and prepare a Mass Upload journal for review and approval by Cluster Financial controller..
Reconcile daily takings and post Cash Journal.
Reconcile and deposit cash sales on a daily basis
Manage local systems for cheque/cash security.
Collection of staff repayments (Includes phone bill reimbursements or returned advances).
- Ensure that the payroll exercise satisfies legal obligations and internal audit requirements.
- Ensure salaries are paid accurately and on time every month.
- Raise FI journal to record payroll-related payments and breakdown of entries appropriately (using consistent conventions, and as they would appear on bank statements to enable the Hub to complete reconciliation), and submit to Cluster Financial Controller for review of accuracy
- Ensure separation of duties between parking and posting journals.
- Deal with staff queries regarding health insurance, social security insurance, and other social contributions.
Purchase to Pay
- Manage and monitor down payments.
- Be the second line of support (GSD is the first) for blocked vendor payments.
- Manage Open Purchase Orders (Goods Receipting and Invoicing Receipting).
- Manage the scanning of invoices to a common drive. Vendor management standards are met (monthly tasks).
- Initiate payment requests following receipt of payment runs on banking platforms taking steps to avoid duplicate transfers and or wrongful payments due to wrong input of bank details on the bank’s payment request platform
- Provide details of manual cheques issued to SSC for updating SAP records on payment
- Follow-up with procurement or operations for information relating to payment issues
- Prepare /post staff and customer refunds.
- Prepare cheques for payment. Provide cheque lot numbers to the Regional Hub as and when a new cheque lot is assigned by the Bank.
- Bank reconciliation – daily routine (Receipts)
Management of petty cash
- Disbursement of petty cash payments
- Post financial journals for petty cash
- Replenishment of petty cash via cheque/Cash withdrawal and creation of petty cash journal entry
- Resolve any discrepancies on petty cash control account (in liaison with Accountant).
- Park Financial Journals – ensuring the accuracy of entries and segregation of duties.
Monitor and Analysis
- Assist the Cluster Accountant with periodic tasks contributing to our FCCF (Financial Control and Compliance Framework) and end-of-month/end-of-year deliverables that are completed accurately and on time.
Regional and Functional Team Working
- Contribute to ensuring the policies, procedures, and systems are delivered with integrity.
- Work closely and effectively as part of the regional and global finance teams.
- Actively support equality and diversity and work to the British Council’s EDI policy at all times.
Role specific knowledge and experience
- OND/HND/Diploma/BSc. In Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven accounting experience.
- Experience with an ERP system.
- Pay Band – 4
- Remuneration: XOF 606,717 Gross Per Month
- Contract Type – Fixed Term Contract Lapsing on 30 September 2024
- Location – Dakar, Senegal
- Department/Function – Finance
Language requirements: Strong written and oral English communication skills.
The role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country in which the role is based.
Closing Date – 14 February 2024. Applications will close at 23:59 East Africa Time
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : careers.britishcouncil.org.