British Council in Taiwan launches “Connections through Culture” Grants 2019
Deadline: 2 August 2019
British Council in Taiwan has launched the “Connections through Culture” Grants in 2019. This program aims to develop exciting cultural collaborations between artists and arts organizations, also to support long-lasting relationships between Taiwan and the UK.
Celebrating the diverse cultural scenes in Taiwan and the UK, the program offers support, information, advice, networking opportunities and development grants to artists and arts organizations.
Artists and arts organizations can both benefit from the inspiration gained from exchanging ideas and sharing their cultural history.
The “Connections through Culture” Grants is organized by British Council in Taiwan with supports from the National Culture and Arts Foundation.
- Value of each grant is set at £2,500 (or equivalent monetary value in Taiwan Dollars) per project. A limited number of small grants to enable artists or members of arts organizations to visit their counterparts in Taiwan or the UK for a limited period of time, to develop projects, exchange skills or see others’ work. Grants are offered four times each year.
- Grants are offered to artists/ organizations working in the following areas including drama, dance, visual arts, literature, film, music, architecture, design and fashion.
What is the grant for?
The grant will enable either an individual or one member of staff from arts organization to visit counterparts in Taiwan or the UK for one or more of the following reasons:
- Face-to-face project development with an arts organization(s), e.g. contractual negotiations
- Seeing and evaluating the work of partner arts organization(s)
- Developing staff skills needed to realize a project through shadowing counterparts in partner arts organization(s)
Please note – applicants will need to make their own travel, visa and insurance arrangements.
- Any individual artist or non-profit arts organization which is in the process of developing an arts project with a counterpart arts organization which may result in an exhibition, performance or public event.
- The British Council expects discussions with the partner to have moved beyond preliminary expressions of interest and the initial research stage.
- Connections through Culture is established to provide small grants to assist –
- UK arts organizations or individual artists embarking on projects with Taiwanese artspartners
- Taiwanese arts organizations or individual artists embarking on projects with UK artspartners
- Funding is provided in order to further face-to-face discussions needed to develop projects beyond initial expressions of interest.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.org.tw/en/2019ctc?_ga=2.188053096.1312501475.1562827332-439231467.1545297981