British Council IELTS Award 2020 for Candidates in Greece (Up to £10,000)
Deadline: June 1, 2020
Applications are invited for the British Council IELTS Award 2020 for Candidates in Greece. The British Council – proud co-owner of IELTS – has been administering the test in Greece and globally for over a quarter of a century, and is running the British Council IELTS Award for the sixth consecutive year.
Creating opportunities that can change lives, they launched the British Council IELTS Award in order to assist a high calibre individual who has a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The award will enable the successful applicant to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education in Greece or abroad, or at a college or other provider of post-secondary education or vocational training in Greece, that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
- The award is worth up to a maximum of £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution attended by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual’s selected course. The award applies only to courses in the 2020–21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
- Applicants should be aged 18 years or over on July 31, 2020
- Have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Greece and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 11 June 2019 and 1 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Greece
- Have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- Be planning to enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a university or other institution of higher education in Greece or abroad, or on a course of study at a college or other provider of post-secondary education or vocational training in Greece, in the 2020–21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards), which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list)
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by July 6, 2020.
- Applications will initially be reviewed to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award 2020 eligibility criteria and assessed by a panel of British Council/higher education representatives.
- Five applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications, including their personal statement.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide evidence to support their application, such as a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- The final shortlisted applicants will be invited to a British Council office in Greece to be interviewed by a panel of British Council/higher education experts. They will be asked to give a short presentation before being interviewed for final selection.