British Council and Ashoka Africa 2019 Impact!Africa Social Entrepreneurship Summit in Nairobi, Kenya (Share your Story)
Deadline: October 15, 2019
British Council and Ashoka Africa would like to invite you to share your story about how you have or are making a difference in the society through social innovation/ changemaking. Stories that exhibit the most impact and inspiration will be selected and awarded a 2-day free pass to the Impact!Africa Social Entrepreneurship Summit. The summit will be taking place in Nairobi, Kenya on the 4th and 5th of December 2019.
Hosted by the British Council and Ashoka Africa – Impact!Africa Social Entrepreneurship Summit is a partnership to accelerate social innovations to Africa’s most pressing challenges by Inspiring + Connecting social entrepreneurs, changemakers, investors, and other ecosystem stakeholders across Africa. Building on the inaugural Impact!Africa Summit of June 2018 in South Africa, the 2019 Summit.
Early Bird Tickets are $75 closing on the 8th of September while Standard Tickets will be going for $120 opening on the 9th of September. To get frequent updates about the summit, follow Ashoka Africa, British Council Kenya and Impact Africa19.
Winners of this competition will:
- Be featured on the Impact Africa Summit Website under stories of impact
- Feature on Impact Africa video and social media
- Receive a return economy flight ticket for the 2-day summit
- Receive shared accommodation and food during the length of the summit (stay) while in Kenya. Inclusive of ground transportation to their accommodation upon arrival in Kenya
- Become Impact! Africa ambassadors
Kindly note: Selected stories will also be featured on the Summit’s website in a mini-documentary video for Changemakers’ Stories.
This opportunity is open to social entrepreneurs who:
- Are between ages 18 to 35
- Are citizens or residents of an African country implementing the project/ initiative within your country of residence
- Can demonstrate impact which can be used to inspire and motivate everyone to be a changemaker
- Are ethical in all their practices
- Have formed a team and created an environment in which everyone self identifies as a changemaker and a leader.
- Are champions of Changemaking and are willing and able to support build a movement of changemakers across Africa
- Join the campaign using #ImpactAfrica19