BP recruits 01 Communications Manager
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for delivering the external affairs agenda for the region/country, using advanced experience in either managing media relations, managing social investment and sponsorship programmes, or managing local community engagement, building trust in and advocacy for the bp corporate brand, and ultimately helping to manage risks to bp’s reputation to ensure sustainable business relations are maintained.
Location: This position could be based in either the UK, Senegal or Mauritania with frequent global travel (up to 50%). At this time, we aren’t able to support relocation to these countries.
We are now recruiting a Communications Manager to join bp’s Mauritania and Senegal Region’s Communications & Advocacy (C&A) team. Reporting to the Head of C&A, the successful candidate will support the business in creating and driving strategic communication and public affairs campaigns that support business priorities and deliver audience-specific approaches across multiple countries to increase understanding, engagement, and enhance bp’s reputation.
- Develop and deliver innovative and strategic communications and public affairs campaigns which are measurable and aligned with Business, and Group/Entity priorities to promote and protect bp’s reputation in Mauritania and Senegal
- Provide expert advice to business leadership and employees on communications best practice and tools
- Create and execute effective employee communications and engagement to energize employees and strengthen their understanding of strategy, goals and values
- Manage third party contracts and service providers, such as design and video agencies, events suppliers and deliver approved budgets for the communications team
- Lead external communications including planning for sponsorships and donations, events and conferences, as well as proactive and responsive media management and use of digital channels
- Effective issue and stakeholder management to mitigate risks and seize opportunities
- Implement processes and ensure conformance to bp policies including communications and external affairs, ethics and compliance, safety and operational risk, etc.
- Ensure crisis communications capability and preparedness across the region, with ability to activate if required
- Lead a culturally diverse team located across several countries
- University degree preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration or Management
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- A successful track record designing and implementing effective communications and public affairs plans, which align with business strategy using a range of tools and channels
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies, across organizational boundaries and levels within BP and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure, successfully planning and delivering multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic environment
- Proven strategic planning and stakeholder engagement experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and compelling manner to a variety of audiences and cultures
- Ability to recognize and leverage opportunities to increase corporate reputation
- Strong judgement, excellent problem solving, organization and diplomacy skills
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude, able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Ability to manage budgets, prepare reports, analysis and output for all levels of stakeholder
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers.bpglobal.com.