Bhutan Trust Fund for Environmental Conservation: Seeking Proposals for Management Board Approved Grant Program
Deadline: 30 June 2019
Bhutan Trust Fund for Environmental Conservation (BTFEC) is seeking proposals from eligible organizations for its Management Board Approved Grant (MB Grant) program to promote socio-economic welfare of Bhutanese citizen through conservation of flora, fauna, diverse eco-systems and bio-diversity; and addressing the adverse effects of development on Bhutan’s natural environment.
The MB Grant should not exceed Ngultrum 15 million and the maximum grant period is three years.
- Fund few core conservation threats
- Comprehensively address few complex and systemic conservation issues that threatens both environment and human welfare
- Support population most affected by loss of natural resources and biodiversity
- Fund sustainable conservation programs that also built the capacity of rural population
- Collaborate with other institutions to maximize conservation benefits of BTFEC funding
- Initiate and lead collaborative activities that support mutual conservation goals
- Government agency, local government, civil society organization, institution, community and individual that are Bhutanese are eligible for the grant.
- Proposal from any government agency or government related agency must route through Gross National Happiness Commission.
- Proposal from CSOs, communities and individual can submit directly to BTFEC Secretariat.
- Proposal from individual working in any agency (public or private) should have No Objection Letter (NOL) from their agency
- All safeguards requirements must be fulfilled.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted in the prescribed template via given website.
Eligible Country: Bhutan
For more information, please visit http://www.bhutantrustfund.bt/?page_id=113