BBSRC: Seeking Proposals for Agri-Systems Research to Enhance Livelihoods in Developing Countries
Deadline: 19 September 2018
The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) is inviting proposals for its “Agri-systems research to enhance livelihoods in developing countries” to address research challenges relating to the sustainable intensification of agricultural systems in developing countries.
The aim of this call is to enhance livelihoods through interdisciplinary research to improve agricultural systems by understanding, at multiple scales, interactions between the biology of crops and farmed animals (including aquaculture), their environments and management.
The call is funded from the UK government’s Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF). As well as being scientifically excellent, research supported under it must meet the criteria for classification of expenditure as Official Development Assistance (ODA).
- There is a total budget of £8 million available for this call.
- The call is open only to individuals and organisations normally eligible to apply to the UK Research Councils for research grants
- Applications must be led by an eligible Principal Investigator in the UK.
- As well as UK researchers normally eligible for BBSRC funding, applications may – and are expected to – (for this call only) include as Co-Investigators eligible “in-country” researchers based in any of the DAC-countries
- Applicants can apply for Innovate UK funding if you are a UK based business.
- All kinds of businesses can apply – from pre-startup and new companies to large multi-nationals
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit BBSRC.