Bboxx recruits 01 HR Manager
Bboxx is a super platform, transforming lives and unlocking potential by providing access to essential products and services across Africa.
Bboxx has built a fully integrated operating system Bboxx Pulse®, backed by an extensive on-the-ground network to provide goods, services and utilities across Africa. We offer African households, businesses and communities a highly convenient and affordable way to access life-changing solutions, through last mile logistics and data-powered innovative financing methods.
Bboxx is championing the economic development of Africa, accelerating the transition to the digital economy and creating new markets. We are connecting both underserved rural communities and aspiring urban ones with services including clean energy, clean cooking, smartphones, and loans, enabling African consumers to unlock their potential. Bboxx is positively impacting the lives of more than 2.5 million people in 11 markets, directly contributing to 11 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Bboxx has over 3,000 staff across Africa and offices in the UK and China.
About Bboxx – PEG Acquisition
Recently in September 2022, Bboxx acquired PEG Africa, giving access to new markets in Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Mali, bringing total operating markets to 10 countries. This Merger and Acquisition is cementing Bboxx status as the leading super platform for life-changing products and services on the African continent by joining forces with PEG Africa, one of the largest providers of distributed energy in West Africa and one of the continent’s fastest-growing companies.
To manage the HR function of the Operation, to provide expertise and advisory to the business stakeholders on a wide range of employment services, including but not limited to employee relations, labor relations, compensation, staffing, performance management, and learning and development. Mitigate risk by keeping the organization compliant with local labor laws and regulations. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support. The role is critical in executing people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- Serve as primary point person and consultant for all Human Resources matters for Ivory Coast operation.
- Support the recruiting process at country level, together with the hiring managers.
- Proactively partner with regional HR management to improve the key « people » outcomes and act as a key advisor to functional and line management in all areas of human resource management.
- Drives performance by aligning to strategic business objectives, competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges
- The ability to recommend new approaches, policies, and best practices to effect continual improvements in development of HR within the company.
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention, and reward programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for job grading and compensation structuring processes.
- Act as spokesperson and liaison with the authorities for labor relations issues and partner with operations management to address employee concerns.
- Conduct and resolve grievances with corporate office staff.
- Strong solution focus, strong delivery along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Implement strategic organizational change to increase productivity and employee satisfaction.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the « pulse » of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Oversee HR admin (employee database, signing of contracts, IT permissions, etc).
- Oversee implementation of health and safety at country level.
- Improve BBOXX HR department to generate improved efficiencies, reduce cost or improve data retained in HR management
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to « roll up your sleeves ».
- Coaching and mentoring at the leadership level.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, required. Masters preferred.
- Human Resources certification is a plus.
- Fluent in French and a minimum of “intermediate level” in English is required.
- Minimum 4+ years of broad HR experience, including employee coaching and counseling, comp/benefits, union relations, union-free operations, recruitment, performance and talent management.
- Knowledge and friendly use of an HRM system could be an advantage.
- Required expertise in employment laws specific to Ivory Coast.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required as well as the ability to conduct a high level of professionalism especially when dealing with sensitive issues or problems.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and articulate clear communication.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.