BBC recruits 01 Journalist, Dakar, Senegal
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. The BBC World Service remains the leading international broadcaster in Africa, reaching a weekly audience of more than 100 million across all platforms and Social Media.
Africa’s media landscape is changing. It is one of the fastest developing news markets in the world with mobile technology transforming lives, internet connectivity increasing, the radio market remaining relatively strong and Television migrating from analogue to digital.
We are looking for a talented, digital minded Journalist to join the team in our Dakar Bureau.
As a Journalist on the Africa Planning team you will come up with original ideas and storytelling techniques to serve African audiences across the continent. There is an emphasis on digital and social content in this role; you will work closely with teams across BBC Africa Hub to make their journalism work for digital video platforms.
You will develop, produce and edit digital videos to a high technical and editorial standard.
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in originating, editing and curating engaging social and digital content. You will understand the video requirements of different social platforms, have the ability to use FCPX or equivalent editing software, and will have experience using digital analytics.
- A passion for African news and trends is important, as is a strong understanding of current affairs across the continent.
- Fluency in English and French is essential.
- Role based in Dakar
- Continuing (permanent) contract
- Local terms and conditions apply
- Any offer of employment is conditional upon you having the right to work in Senegal.
Please submit your CV and application questions in English.
About the Company
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
Closing date : 29 June 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careerssearch.bbc.co.uk.