BBC Expert Women 2017 -London
Deadline: February 26, 2017
The BBC Academy in conjunction with BBC News is holding a free media familiarization day for women, with particular expertise on who are interested in appearing on television, radio and online as contributors or presenters. Interested candidates should apply for the Expert Women 2017
The aim is to offer an introduction to the media, including practical experiences in front of a camera and in a radio studio, as well as masterclasses with industry professionals including experienced programme makers.
Recognised expertise in any of the following areas:
- International relations and politics
- EU negotiations
- Local government / social care
- Politics – particularly from the North of England
- Policing / security / intelligence / military
- Senior police officers
- Law/constitution, particularly Brexit
- Women in music – production rather than performance
- Apprenticeship trades, especially building
How to Apply
You will need to send us your CV and Send a short film of no more than two minutes duration. The film is very straightforward and can be as simple as a friend recording you on a smartphone. The film should show you talking about yourself and your broad area of specialism. We would also like you to tell us about an idea you have for a story in your area of expertise which you think that the general public would find interesting.Your film should be uploaded to YouTube or similar and sent as a link in your entry email.
Send an e-mail to with the following information
- Personal details:
- Field of expertise
- Mobile phone number
- Email address
- Job title: In lay person’s terms, clarify what your job involves
- A link to your two minute video on YouTube or similar of yourself talking about your area of expertise and outlining your idea
- One written paragraph explaining the story/issue you have chosen to talk about. Why does this story need airtime? Why you are passionate about it? (250 words max)
- Your CV as an attachment. Please name your CV file in the following format: firstnamesurname_CV
I do/don’t give my permission to be informed if the BBC Academy holds further masterclasses. I do/don’t give the BBC Academy my permission to share my details with other producers or broadcasters. I do/don’t give my permission to the BBC Academy possibly including my video in an Expert Women YouTube channel and playlist.
All to be emailed to email@example.com
For more information, visit Expert Women 2017
Tu peux aussi regarder
Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur comment les données de vos commentaires sont utilisées.