Bank of America Charitable Foundation: Economic Mobility and Social Progress Focused on the Needs of the Community
Deadline: 29 June 2018
Bank of America Charitable Foundation is currently seeking applications for its funding program in the area of Economic Mobility and Social Progress Focused on the Needs of the Community through investments such as affordable housing, community revitalization, arts, and the environment.
Expanding Access to Housing Opportunities
Access to affordable housing remains a challenge for many communities. That’s why they support the work of organizations as they work to preserve, and increase access to a mix of affordable housing options and connect individuals and families with the tools and resources to achieve their financial goals:
- Organizations whose housing efforts address the needs of vulnerable populations (e.g. low and moderate income, homeless, elderly, formerly incarcerated) as they construct or preserve affordable single, multi-family, transitional and supportive housing
- Organizations creating pathways to stable housing or homeownership through financial stability efforts such as homebuyer education, budgeting, savings, credit and credit repair including foreclosure prevention and loss mitigation
- Organizations whose sustainable development efforts create healthy living environments through the pursuit of energy efficiency upgrades, retrofits, solar and other green building efforts
Building Vibrant Communities
Supporting local and regional revitalization efforts taking a holistic approach to building thriving communities, create economic opportunity and livable neighborhoods. This includes support of economic drivers such as arts and cultural institutions that contribute to the overall vitality of the community:
- Economic development efforts that promote small business growth and healthy commercial corridors
- Revitalization initiatives that engage community stakeholders in the environmental health and economic growth of their communities (e.g. transit-oriented development as a means of connecting individuals to jobs services and economic opportunity; neighborhood preservation to strengthen overall community health, safety and welfare)
- Strengthening the resiliency of communities through the initiatives that support local plans to prepare, withstand and recover from extreme weather events and the long-term impacts of climate change
- Supporting community arts and cultural institutions that provide economic opportunity and contribute to the vitality and livability of communities
- Supporting community greening efforts that create healthy neighborhoods and environmental sustainability through the preservation, creation or restoration of open space, parks and community gardens
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Bank of America.