JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI)
Knowledge Management Specialist
Feed the Future Senegal – Kawolor
Dates of assignment : March 2019 to September 2022
Level of effort : 100%
Location(s) : Dakar, Senegal
Feed the Future Senegal Kawolor is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for Internatio-nal Development (USAID) managed by NCBA-CLUSA in colla-boration with HKI, Sheladia, Dimagi and JSI to provide state-of-the-art téchnical support and facilitate country-led im¬plementation to improve agriculture, nutrition and hygiene practices in 8. regions of Senegal: Saint Louis, Matam, Kolda, Sedhiou, Ziguinchor, Fatick, Kaolack, and Kaffrine. The pro-gram will run through 2022, with the goal of reaching over haif a million children under age five and their families with nutri¬tion interventions. The project will build upon the foünclation of Feed the Future Yaajeende program, which among other impacts, reduced child stunting by 30 percent and poverty by 7 percent in 80o villages, lifting approximately 56,00o people above the poverty line, despite four years of recurrent drought and weather crises.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. leads the knowledge management and learning component of the project and is currently recruiting for a Knowledge Management,Specia¬list to play an integral part of the team. The Knowledge Ma¬nagement Specialist will manage and support strengthening the project’s dissemination and outreach ef¬forts to ensure Kawolor products and publications are wi¬dely shared. This position will support the profect in production of high quality electronic and print materials to be shared across the global nutrition and international de¬velopment communities.
Primary responsibilities of this position inciude, but are not li-mited to the following:
• Spearhead dissemination efforts for Kawolor, including re-searching new channels for dissemination, refining and imple-menting à dissemination process, and identifying ways to position Kawolor and other project resources inanline and Of-fline forums
• Lead in coordination with Kawolor team the Implementation of the project’s knowledge management activities and work with Kawolor’s Communications Specialist to develop repor¬ting inputs and success stories for Senegal and U.S. distribu¬tion. Work directly with the project’s technical staff to identify inputs for content.
• Working with the country program and technical teams, Iead planning, development, and dissemination of project docu¬mentation including quarterly reports, the final report, success stories, case studies, blog articles, etc.
• Raise public profile of Kawolor through the promotion of project publications, information and other products to au-diences through electronic means (social media, email, blogs, listservs, toolkits databases, publications, etc.) and public fo¬rums (conferences, meetings, s, etc.)
• Review, edit, format and layout documents
• Assist with the development and posting of web content
• Conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of project knowledge management efforts, using Google Analytics, sur¬veys, and other tools and report findings quarterly
• Manage the physical inventory and archives of publications and collateral/promotiona I items
• Work closely with the project’s communications team to ma¬nage production. and printing of materials
• Build capacity of Kawolor team members to document their work te share project achievements.
• Provide routine updates to project backstopping team at JSI headquarters.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public health, or related disciplines required and 5 years of demons-trated experience in supporting and/or implementing communications activities for international development programs.
Master’s degree in one of the listed fields and forma) training
in public health related writing or publication design preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex processes to en-sure high-quality produCts that meet tight deadlines
• Experience with and .understanding of social media chan-nels—including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram—and web and social media analytics tools
• Ability to think strategically a. must and ability to leverage existing networks to more effectively share project resources preferred
• Experience working with program staff and web program-mers to develop and optimize project resources for publica-tion
• Must be a strong writer and able te synthesize technical ma¬terial into short and concise communication pieces
• Excellent formatting and layout skills in Microsoft Word,,in¬cluding using templates and styles
• Experience in creation, marketing, and dissemination of pu¬blications and other cOmmunications products
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Design Suite
• Ability and desire to work independently and manage va-rious projects in a team setting
• Knowledge of 508 compliance and accessibility require-ments
• Experience with USAID and/or other donor agencies and de¬monstrated commitment to health and/or international development highly desirable.
• French language fluency mandatory
• Written and verbal English skills strongly preferred, but not required
To Apply : Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume no later than March 8th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.