Opportunités de carrière : IT Data Analyst, Digital Assistance Service, RBD Office (106237)
Identifiant de la demande 106237 – Publié 24/07/2019 – Fixed Term – Africa, Western – Senegal – Dakar – Langue de travail (2) – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
JOB TITLE: Data Analyst, Digital Assistance Services
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-Term
GRADE: Information Technology
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Regional Bureau Dakar Office
DURATION: 1 year renewable
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme has developed and is continuing to enhance and maintain a set of digital solutions to manage:
• the identities and entitlements of its beneficiaries,
• the operational parameters of the programmes that transfer benefits to them, and
• the interfaces with financial service providers and other delivery mechanisms that process actual last mile transfers to beneficiaries.
This includes SCOPE, WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform that supports the WFP programme intervention cycle. The SCOPE platform is a web-based application used for beneficiary registration, intervention setup, distribution planning, transfer and distribution reporting. While there is a current focus and scale-up/enhancement related to cash-based transfers, SCOPE currently supports all WFP transfer modalities: in-kind, voucher and cash for a variety of project activities.
As an extension and over the next couple of years, WFP also plans to develop a broad array of digital assistance services (DAS) beyond those related to the current SCOPE capabilities.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Digital Assistance Services Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for SCOPE Business Intelligence providing:
• Enhanced Business Intelligence to support decisions making at country level.
• Operational time savings and lower IT support cost solutions.
• Enhanced Data Quality and Consistency.
• Enhanced Historical Intelligence.
1. For the beneficiary and transfer management domains, determine Country Office information needs and identify Business Intelligence requirements (BI), provide input and manage the evolution of the current set of standard SCOPE BI country office dashboards for the region;
2. For SCOPE managed Cash Based Transfers reconciliation processes, design, develop and manage the evolution of the standard reconciliation reports and delivery this as part of SCOPE BI;
3. For SCOPE implementations in the region, serve as the focal point for geographic data improvements in collaboration with OSE geo-data master data owner;
4. Document user manuals and standard operating procedures as required;
5. Through the analytics team in HQ, provide input to Service Management branch (TECM) to improve data warehouse capacity, configuration, security and capability;
6. Assess, verify and monitor the structure, accuracy and quality of SCOPE BI data;
7. Work with SCOPE Product Development team to ensure data integrity of the SCOPE computing environment;
8. Engage and support data improvement programmes within the TEC Division, such as the Data Warehouse / Reporting Tool POC, systems security and systems environment improvements;
9. Conduct on-site missions, where required, to build CO capacity on SCOPE BI; and
10. Perform other related duties as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
1. Cash based transfers/SCOPE reports;
2. New visualization dashboards to meet CO needs and user manuals;
3. Analysis and draft of a BI infrastructure management improvements document;
4. Maintain evolution of existing CO dashboards;
5. Maintain the SCOPE BI reporting structure in Tableau Server
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Statistics, Information Management or another relevant field.
Experience: At least one ( 1) year experience at professional level in the design and development of information management, database solutions and data analysis, data product/solution development, technology-focused teams.
Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or HTML5.
Experience working with teams and team processes.
Knowledge & Skills: Requirements engineering, database design and management using leading DB tools (Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.), front-end analytics tools (SAP BI, Tableau, etc.). Strong writing skills and ability to deliver presentations to multiple stakeholder groups in clear and concise business language. Showcase strong problem solving, analytical, and client-facing skills. Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments. The candidate must demonstrate strong data analysis skills.
Expertise in CBT implementation or M&E implementation would be desirable.
Languages: Proficiency in English and intermediate knowledge of at least one other official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) appropriate to the regional bureau.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications received after the deadline on 7 August 2019 will not be considered