b.creative Challenge for Cultural and Creative Entrepreneurs 2017
Deadline: April 28, 2017
Send in your entries for the b.creative Challenge 2017. The aim of the b.creative challenge is to foster new ideas in an international endeavour to better handle issues like: growing poverty rates, social cohesion, access to education and digital literacy, mental and physical wellbeing, transport and people’s mobility, new food and sustainable agriculture, climate change and environmental protection. The competition focuses on interdisciplinary and international collaborations between professionals in creative fields like: visual arts, advertising, architecture, crafts, design, fashion, film and video, gastronomy, publishing, radio and television, computer games, performing arts, with the aim to explore the potential of arts and creative entrepreneurship in fostering social and economic innovation.
b.creative facilitates the convergence of various artistic and creative competences,technical, scientific and entrepreneurial skills in order to generate social and economic innovation. The event aims to influence policy makers and involve citizens to ensure that creative ideas permeate societal development. b.creative is built on a community with more than 1200 creative networks and associations throughout the world.
- 3-month rent-free incubation in Shenzhen within the programme Soft Landing in China offered by Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition Space;
- 5 days incubation programme offered by Creatis Brussels, the newly established creative incubator supported by ING and KissKissBankBank. The programme equally includes 4 nights accommodation;
- Participation in the Global Cultural Leadership Programme 2018 edition, organised by the Cultural Diplomacy Platform;
- Money award offered by KEA European Affairs;
- 2 return tickets and accommodation to present the project at the next b.creative event which will take place in Shenzhen, China between December 15 and 17, 2017;
- Media exposure through different networks of creative entrepreneurs such as Creative Tracks, b.creative, Creative Europe or Creative Hubs.
- Artists and creative entrepreneurs from all over the world, under 40 and from the specified fields are allowed to participate;
- The official language of the competition is English. All applications must be submitted in English;
- Contacting any member of the jury is prohibited;
- KEA, the organiser of the competition, has the right to modify the timeline;
- Project ideas can be maximum 5 years older and they must have never been shown before in similar competitions;
- Applications which do not contain all required documents and media files and do not respect the structure will be disqualified;
- Participation implies acceptance of the rules and regulations.
A complete application requires the following:
- Text Documents
- A project proposal written in English of max. 5000 words which should include:
- Project’s name
- A description of the idea
- The rationale behind the idea
- Cross-sectorial aspects
- Target audiences
- Key activities
- Key resources / partners
- A financial plan
- Video and Photo
- A video not longer than 2:30 minutes of a max. size of 500 Mb which should visually describe the project’s idea
- A ‘cover’ photo which best describes your project
- Team Members’ Biographies
- Team members’ biographies must be included for each person participating. Each biography should include:
- A short member’s background description
- Member’s profession and current activity / organisation
- Member’s email address
- The country where the person is based
Everything should be included in a zip file and sent to email@example.com via www.wetransfer.com, with the mention ‘Application for the b.creative challenge’ by April 28, 2017. You will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of the submission of your entry.
- April 28, 2017: Closing of the application process
- April 29 – May 20, 2017: 10 competing projects will be shortlisted
- July 1, 2017: Announcement of the winning application
- December 15, 2017: Presentation of the winning project at b.creative 2017
For more information, visit b.creative Challenge.