AZA recruits 01Senior Ruby, Dakar, Senegal
We are passionate technologists who believe in making a difference to the lives of those living in emerging markets. We aim to change the landscape of finance and remittance. Our development team is a group of skilled self-reliant engineers that have the ability to work together to solve complex problems and provide simple solutions for our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer – Technical Lead to join our rapidly growing team in one of our offices.
This role is open to candidates in France, but candidates based in Dakar – Senegal will be considered, however fluency in both English and French is required.
The post holder will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
How your skills and passion will come to life at AZA Finance
- Working closely with the CTO and Engineering Managers to aid with architecture decisions for the application and supporting infrastructure.
- Innovate, develop, maintain and contribute to the existing AZA Finance codebase and its associated applications.
- Mentor, train and support engineers in order to develop our in-house engineering skills.
- Improve our overall system development process via process improvements.
- Optimise application performance and test coverage.
- Deliver presentations demonstrating application feature delivery.
- Work with our product team to refine product requirements.
- Feasibility and effort estimations.
- Provide support to our customers including triaging any issues.
What we are looking for
- Seasoned professional with at least 8 – 10 years of experience in software engineering.
- Preferably someone who has worked as a Technical Lead for 3-5 years in a Fin-tech or financial institution.
- Minimum 3 years of providing leadership to the team.
- Good knowledge of working with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Good knowledge of using automated testing frameworks such as RSpec and Cypress.
- Good knowledge of source control using Git.
- Familiarity with the agile development methodology specifically Scrum.
- Familiarity with deploying and managing applications on the cloud.
- Good knowledge of software deployment tooling and orchestration.
- Good knowledge of databases systems, especially PostgreSQL.
- Confidence in refactoring and working with both new and existing codebases.
- A strong and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Preference to participate in pair-programming and using GitHub pull requests to review code of others.
- Familiarity with container frameworks, especially Docker and Kubernetes.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
- …… and more!!
AZA Finance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Closing date : 31 May 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter apply.workable.com.