Language Consultants bring Avaaz to millions of people each week by localising and rewriting Avaaz emails from English into key languages. The role requires very strong written communication skills, allowing you to capture the heart and voice of Avaaz, and make it powerful in a different language. We like to think of Language Consultants as writers, not ‘just’ translators — your job is to make the Avaaz spirit come alive in the language of your community.
The French Language Consultant works closely with both the Campaigns and Language teams at Avaaz. We are looking for a native French speaker with a passion for global justice, citizen empowerment, and social change to be the voice of the Avaaz mission and values for French-speaking members.
In addition, the French Language Consultant supports our Member Engagement team in managing all of the French member correspondence in a friendly, clear, and efficient way: providing excellent service to our French-speaking community, and ensuring that member subscription, donation, and campaign queries are tracked and resolved on a weekly basis.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assisting campaign directors and campaigners with translations of campaign materials or other translations to French as needed,
- Publishing and editing online content related to Avaaz campaigns,
- Managing and responding to all French member correspondence via our Customer service software, including donation issues,
- Assisting campaigners as needed.
Expériences / Formation
This is a demanding position that requires remarkable talent in a wide range of areas. The main skills you will possess are:
- Outstanding written communication skills in both French and English;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice;
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, attention to details and results-oriented delivery on short timelines;
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Tech savviness and ability to perform basic HTML coding
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Salary varies with location and experience, but is highly competitive with leading nongovernmental organizations. Benefits also range with location, but include 5 weeks paid vacation per year (pro rata).
This is a 25h/week position with possibility of ad hoc extra hours. The working hours can be kept flexible.
This position reports to an Avaaz Campaigner.
To apply, please visit this page.