Australian Government’s 2020 New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Grants Program
Deadline: 16 May 2019
The Australian Government is seeking applications for its 2020 New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Program that aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduates to study and undertake Internships in the region.
The NCP Mobility Program’s strategic objectives are to:
- Support more study experiences in as many Indo-Pacific locations as possible.
- Enable a diverse range of Australian undergraduates to develop a greater understanding of the Indo-Pacific region and build people to people links.
- Fund innovative Mobility Projects that facilitate increased student mobility to the region and new or strengthened partnerships between universities and other organisations.
- Encourage a substantial number of Students to undertake longer-term study, in-country language study and Internships.
- Encourage private sector collaboration and sponsorship of the NCP Mobility Program;
- Engage NCP Students, Australian Universities, and other stakeholders in public diplomacy and outreach.
- Continue to develop an active alumni community for Students to share their experiences, promote the NCP and continue to develop knowledge of and professional links within the Indo-Pacific region.
Mobility Projects must include at least one of the following components:
- In-country language study
- Internships (including clinical placements, practicums or artist residencies)
- The Mobility Program is open to Australian university undergraduates aged 18 to 28, with the capacity to include some students over 28.
- Applications for funding will be accepted from all Australian Universities (defined as a registered higher education provider under the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 (Cth) in a provider category that permits the use of the word “university”) and consortia of Australian Universities.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2I6uzSj