Australian Government: Inviting Applicants for National Science Week Grants 2019
Deadline: 20 November 2018
National Science Week is Australia’s majo national celebration of the sciences in August each year. National Science Week provides high profile science engagement activities across the nation. It is also an important opportunity for the science community to celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
The Australian Government supports National Science Week in a variety of ways, including through the National Science Week Grants. National Science Week Grants helps provide nationwide science engagement activities in which the wider community can participate. It does this by:
- providing funding to eligible and meritorious high profile projects across all states and territories
- supporting projects that stimulate and leverage further contributions by organisations across Australia
- supporting projects which target new and under-served audiences
- engaging Indigenous Australians in National Science Week activities.
An open competitive funding round will be held once a year to provide funding to support science engagement activities that will take place during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week.
- Ongoing funding of $500,000 per year will be available.
- The minimum grant amount is $2,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
- To be eligible applicants must:
- be an individual 18 years of age or older, or
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Applicants are not eligible to apply if they are:
- a Commonwealth entity (publicly funded research organisations that meet the eligibility criteria of the grant opportunity guidelines are eligible to apply).
- To be eligible applicant’s project must:
- be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week
- address one or more of the following purposes:
- draw the nation’s attention towards the sciences
- spark broad interest and engagement in the sciences
- provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
- foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
- trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve attendance or participation by the general public
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure.
- Applicant’s project can include activities at multiple locations, as long as all locations are within Australia.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit National Science Week Grants 2019.