Australian Embassy in Zimbabwe: Direct Aid Program 2018-2019
Deadline: 15 September 2018
Applications are now open for the Direct Aid Program (DAP) 2018-2019 which is a flexible small grants scheme for development activities managed by Heads of Australian Missions. The emphasis of the program is on alleviating basic humanitarian hardships.
The Direct Aid Program, managed by the Embassy in Harare provides funding for an average of 30 projects per year from Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Republic of Congo.
The program aims to support projects with a strong development focus that complement Australia’s broader aid program which contributes to sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
- The funding ceiling per project is AUD 60,000 (approximately USD 45,000 – amount changes according to exchange rate).
- A detailed budget is required and must be supported by two quotations for any budget line between US700 and US7000 and three quotations for amounts above US7000.
DAP activities should primarily be aimed at achieving practical and tangible outcomes of high development impact. DAP is able to fund activities that have a direct, practical and immediate impact, including capacity building programs in the areas of governance and human rights engagement. Australian Embassy will favorably consider projects:
- supporting education, health, disability, water and sanitation, vulnerable children, women’s empowerment, sustainable livelihoods and income generation for marginalised communities. Australian Embassy will also consider governance projects, aiming to link these to tangible outcomes where possible.
- where applicants and their communities make a contribution in labour, materials, transport or cash;
- that enhance educational and cultural exchanges and people-to-people links including through sport
- that are innovative, achievable and have sustainable outcomes
DAP is available on a not-for-profit basis to individuals, community groups, NGOs and other entities engaged in development activities in countries that are eligible for official development assistance (ODA).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program