Australian Embassy in Yangon, Myanmar: Direct Aid Program 2018-2019
Deadline: 10 September 2018
Applications are now open for the Direct Aid Program (DAP) which is a flexible small grants scheme for development activities, managed by the Australian Embassy in Yangon.
USD 35,000 per project is available. Projects seeking smaller amounts of funding are also encouraged to apply.
- The program funds projects that achieve practical outcomes (especially in improving livelihoods) for disadvantaged communities.
- Projects can include activities related to poverty alleviation, community health, disabilities, education, small-scale infrastructure, rural development, youth, gender equity, human rights, the environment and small-scale humanitarian response.
- Projects can run for a maximum two years, but shorter projects are welcomed. All grant money must be fully spent by 31 December 2020.
- Any organisation involved in community development in Myanmar can apply, this includes community groups, CSOs, NGOs, INGOs, etc.
- Priority is given to Myanmar-based organisations.
How to Apply
- Application is a two-stage process. Applicants should first submit a short Expression of Interest (EOI). EOIs will be assessed and shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a full application.
- Expressions of interest must use the template provided on the given website.
- Complete the EOI form and submit it at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Myanmar
For more information, please visit Direct Aid Program.