Atos recruits a Head of IDM
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion.
European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
As part of the Middle East and Africa (MEA) Infrastructure and Data Management (IDM) organization, this role is responsible for the management and development of Senegal (part of WECA region) IDM business and the related organization, including presales, Delivery & P&L responsibility. There is a matrix organization with a double reporting line; directly to the Head of IDM AFRICA and dotted to the Country Manager of Senegal region.
– Relevant experience as Business Manager in IT transformation (Systems, Virtualization, Cloud, Networks, …) and Outsourcing projects with a strong track record in growing market share in existing and new clients
– A proven track record in managing communications internally and externally at strategic and senior Management level
Experienced in creating a Business community and functional teams
– Experienced in leading and motivating a large unit in a pressured work environment
– Management experience in a global matrix organization;
– Identifies and communicates opportunities for additional business with the customer;
– Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities to create added value for both the client and Atos;
– Stimulates entrepreneurial behaviors in others;
– Demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business advantage;
– Acts proactively on business developments;
– Strong drive to improve profitability by changing the business mix and cost structures;
– Recognizes and appreciates cultural differences amongst people;
– Encourages everyone to feel that they are an important part of the organization and add value;
– Supports others to learn and develop;
– Helps employees to obtain a better understanding of their strengths and development areas, interests and ambitions;
– Enables and encourages the enjoyment of work;
– Encourages positive and constructive feedback on performance, ensures the development of key talents and also addresses non-performance;
Client & Delivery Focus:
– Builds relationships with customers based on mutual trust and respect;
– Knows the client organization and understands how decisions are made;
– Maintains constructive relationships with customers even when issues arise;
– Is seen as a well-respected sparring partner at different levels of the client organization;
– Supervise projects (organization, staffing, deliveries…);
– Manages & Monitors performance targets and deadlines in addition to quality standards and takes appropriate action if necessary;
– Manage P&L and financial performance of IDM activity
– Manage the activity and find solutions to improve the margin on projects.
– Demonstrates courage in pursuing goals and objectives;
– Identifies and overcomes barriers to success;
– Inspires others towards a clear future direction;
– Inspires others to take action;
– Acts as an effective sponsor for major change initiatives.
Other Knowledge & Skills:
– Ownership and commitment to deliver results,
– Execution oriented;
– Understanding of Financial and Human Resources management principles and practices;
– Excellent leadership skills being able to build successful teams, providing clarity and direction;
– Strategic perspective, keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind;
– Good written and spoken English and French.
– Understanding of the different sectors within which Atos operates
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.