ASIP Accelerator Program 2021 for African Startups
Applications are open for the ASIP Accelerator Program 2021. They are looking for the next generation of African startups disrupting industry sectors including FinTech, InsureTech, AgriTech, IoT & Connectivity, Digital Health, and RegTech.
Backed by anchor partner Telecel Group, the program is ideal for startups with a mobile tech focus. Additional corporate partners are lining up to engage with startups through pilots and Proof of Concepts projects that can open the doors for longer-term commercial agreements.
During the COVID pandemic, SBC launched Accelerator Squared as a fully online platform that enables startups to access the complete library of content, group workshops, 1:1 mentoring, collaborative sessions with Entrepreneurs in Residence, and invite-only discussion forums with founders from around the globe. The remote accelerator concludes with an online Demo Day where startup founders pitch their disruptive solutions to a broad audience of media, investors, corporate partners, and industry stakeholders.
They are looking for the next generation of African startups disrupting the following focus areas:
- Voice Recognition/ Image Recognition
- Alternative Finance
- Health Wallets & Accessibility
- RegTech KYC
- AI & Machine Learning
- AgriTech Food Supply Chain
- IoT & Connectivity
- Cross-Border Payments
- Financial Inclusion
- HealthTech – Telemedicine
- Technology Stacks
- Cloud Computing
- The 10 startups in the program will receive benefits valued at more than EUR 500,000, including credits from AWS, Google Cloud Services, Hubspot and many more.
- SBC AfriTech also invests EUR 15,000 in cash to each startup.
To be eligible for the program, your startup
- Has to be formally incorporated;
- Has at least 2 people working on the project and devoting at least 50% of their time to the project;
- Has customers or clients using the products or services;
- Is generating revenues from the products or services.
If you believe you could be their next rising star, apply now before the May 14 deadline.Click here to apply