Arts Council’s Strategic Funding 2019: Sustaining and Developing the Arts in Ireland
Deadline: 6 September 2018
The Arts Council is seeking applications for its Strategic Funding 2019 to invest and support the essential infrastructure required to sustain and develop the arts in Ireland.
In offering Strategic Funding, the Arts Council wishes to ensure:
- The delivery of excellent art and/or excellent arts activities, events and services
- A supportive environment for the development of the arts
- Excellent professional development opportunities for practising artists and/or arts professionals
- That more people will enjoy high-quality arts experiences, including more diverse audiences
- Increased engagement by the public with the arts, in particular by new communities, people for whom access to the arts is difficult, and by young people and children
- Standards of excellence in governance and management in the arts.
- Strategic Funding is open to organisations only. Organisations can make only one application each year for Strategic Funding.
- To be eligible for application, Organisation must:
- Be formally constituted as either a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) or a Designated Activity Company (DAC), or be a statutory body
- Apply in its own name, and not in the name of another company or individual
- Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not proceed to the assessment stage.
Types of Activities
- Strategic Funding is intended to support both the operating (core) costs of organisations and the activities that organisation undertakes to deliver their mission.
- Organisations applying for Strategic Funding for 2019 may also apply for activities that were previously supported through separate funding schemes – for example:
- Touring and dissemination of work
- Artist development initiatives
- Young ensembles
- Travel and Training
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Strategic Funding.