APWLD: Inviting Applicants for Inaugural Media Fellowship Programme
Deadline: 30 June 2018
APWLD is currently inviting five women media professionals across Asia-Pacific region to participate in Inaugural Media Fellowship Programme that aims to strengthen media advocacy on grassroots issues through a feminist lens.
Fellowship theme this year is on climate change as APWLD wish to strengthen a feminist analysis on this topic and climate justice, especially in mainstream and alternative media spaces.
The duration of the fellowship will be from August 2018 – January 2019. During this time period women journalists will have an option to produce news articles, features, audio-video content/documentary or digital stories with a feminist lens that highlight the linkages between gender, ecological conflicts and climate change.
Selected journalists will be given a stipend of USD 1,000 to cover expenses for research and travel according to workplans co-developed with APWLD.
- The fellowship is open to women media professionals from Asia-Pacific with at least 4 years of experience.
- Experience in covering women’s human rights, grassroots movements, environmental issues or climate change will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in applicant’s respective countries and /or Asia-Pacific.
- Commitment to feminist movement building.
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
- Proficient in English and a language from Asia Pacific region.
How to Apply
- The applicant should submit an expression of interest with the following documents:
- A completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two work samples of any medium
- A letter of endorsement from media organisation if full time employee, or a letter of endorsement from an editor if a freelance journalist
- Letter from editor assuring news stories will be published; Optional for freelance journalists
- Please send completed forms via email at the address given on the website, with the subject line “Application for Media Fellowship 2018”.
For more information, please visit APWLD.