Apply to attend ACU Summer School in
Hong Kong 2018 (Bursaries Available)
Deadline: January 14, 2018
The Association of Commonwealth Universities invites applications for the 2018 ACU Summer School taking place 1-9 July at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. The 2018 School will be a stimulating week of expert lectures by local and international speakers, skills development, social events providing insights into the fascinating culture of Hong Kong, group work, networking opportunities, and field trips to key sites such as the Jao Tsung-I Academy, the Blue House Cluster, and the Mapopo Community Farm.
The Summer School programme has been developed by senior academics from The Chinese University of Hong Kong’s well-established Urban Studies programme. It’s a small and friendly event which is capped at 50 participants.
The particular urban environment of Hong Kong makes it a perfect location for a Summer School on the theme of Designing and Creating Sustainable Communities.
See fees here.
- Students from all ACU member universities are eligible to apply for bursaries.
- You should only apply for a bursary if:
o you have never previously travelled outside your home region and;
you would otherwise be unable to attend the Summer School for financial reasons
- Students from ACU member institutions in Hong Kong are welcome to apply for bursaries; in this case flights will not be included.
Bursaries cover full Summer School participation, including the academic programme, social events and site visits, accommodation, most meals, airport pick-ups, and a return economy flight from your home country.
Bursaries do not include the cost of visas and health insurance. Participants are responsible for making their own visa arrangements.
- Participants must be current postgraduate or final year undergraduate students
- All ACU Summer School participants must, at the time of application, be studying at a university in a Commonwealth country. Students at ACU member universities in Hong Kong, the Maldives, and Zimbabwe can also apply.
- At the time of application, all participants must either be studying for a postgraduate degree (Master’s/PhD) or in the final year of an undergraduate degree.
- Applications are welcomed from students of all subject backgrounds who can demonstrate an interest in the theme. Students who have attended the ACU Summer School in a previous year are not eligible to apply.
For application guidance and to apply, see this page.
If you have a query which is not answered on this page, please email email@example.com
For more information, visit ACU Summer School.