Apply: Specializing Master’s Degree Programme in “Sustainable Management of Resources and Cultural Heritage for Local Development” (Fully funded)
Deadline: September 5, 2021
The Italian Higher Education with Africa Foundation comprising six leading Italian Universities (Politecnico di Milano, Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Università degli Studi di Padova, Università La Sapienza di Roma, Università degli Studi di Firenze) and supported by the Italian Ministry of Research and University invite applications for the joint Specialising Master’s Degree Programme in “Sustainable Management of Resources and Cultural Heritage for Local Development. The mission of this Specializing Master course is to support African Universities by contributing to upgrading their staff and nurturing a qualified generation of skilled young researchers and lecturers.
In the line with the aspirations of the Agenda 2063 of the African Union, the programme is designed to raising a generation of skilled young researchers and lecturers with advanced competence on sustainable development and capacity to develop innovative teaching and research. The programme will also strengthen the partnership between Italian and African universities.
About the Programme
The programme combines a distance learning (online) and in-person classes at Politecnico di Milano and Addis Ababa (subject to the evolution of the COVID-19 induced conditions). The Specializing Master aims to strengthen transversal knowledge on issues in line with the Agenda 2030 and the Agenda 2063.
It is designed around 6 didactic modules (1 intro module, 2 transversal modules, 3 technical modules). The Master is divided into 6 didactic modules including the assignment of a project work on Africa related issues to be carried out in groups. The overall objective is to nurture a qualified generation of skilled young researchers and lecturers on two main issues: teaching innovation projects and sustainability.
The specializing master’s degree programme will span from October 2021 to April 2023
Scholarships covering the entire cost of the Specializing Master will be available for 35 applicants coming mainly from Ethiopian Higher Education and/or Research Institutes. The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition for the programme
- Travel expenses and accommodation on occurrences
- Possible other benefits
Please, note that the executive programme does not provide stipend for applicants. At the completion of the programme, students will be awarded a Specializing master’s degree (60 European Credit Transfer System – 1 year equivalent) recognised in Europe.
Successful applicants will be:
- Young lecturers and junior researchers from universities, research or cultural institutes
- While applicants are welcome from other African countries, priority is given to applicants from universities, research or cultural institutes in Ethiopia
- Candidates will be required to submit a support letter from their institutions.
This cohort of the call is focused on Ethiopia, hence, the majority of the beneficiaries will be from Ethiopia however, a few applicants might be selected from other countries.
Admission is selective and the requirements are:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in disciplines connected to the topics of the Specializing Master:- copy of the degree in the original language and its translation into Italian/English/French or Spanish- copy of the transcripts with the list of exams in the original language and their translation into Italian/English/French or Spanishor Diploma Supplement- copy of a valid passport- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter by the candidate
- Letter of support by the candidate’s home University, preferably issued on headed letter by an institutional representative (head of the unit/department of the candidate)
- To hold a position in a local Universities (lectures, assistant, fellow researchers…) will be an additional asset of merit.
- Good knowledge of written and oral English is requested, a language certification will also be an additional asset of merit
Application deadline: September 5, 2021
For inquiries, please contact us via [email protected].