Apply: Global Changemakers’ Global Youth Summit 2018 in Switzerland (fully-funded)
Deadline: March 4, 2018
Global Changemakers is now accepting applications for the Global Youth Summit 2018 (12 – 18 August, Switzerland)! Are you making a difference in your community? Apply to become a Global Changemaker!
The Summit will be bringing 60 Changemakers to the 2018 Global Youth Summit for a life-changing, expenses paid week of training sessions, networking and workshops. Participants will learn skills such as campaigning, fundraising, project management, leadership, public relations, pitching and more! The 2018 Changemakers will join the global family of young people making a difference all over the world and be eligible to receive grant funding from Global Changemakers.
The Program is supported by Mercator Foundation Switzerland and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.
If you are selected, your flight (from your country’s main airport), transport from Zurich to the summit, accommodation and food costs will be covered for the duration of the summit. Insurance and additional personal expenses, as well as visas to enter Switzerland (for those who require one) will not be covered.
- They are looking for the most inspiring, interesting, enthusiastic, determined, innovative young social entrepreneurs, community activists, volunteers and campaigners who are working towards attaining the SDGs across the globe.
- Participants may be from any country or region
- Participants should be between 18 and 23 years old at the time of the summit.
Opportunity Desk Founder, Ms. Grace Ihejiamaizu, is a Global Changemaker and participated in the 2012 Euro-Africa Youth Summit. Read all about it here and feel free to ask her any questions at Opportunity Desk Facebook Page.
In order to apply you need to fill in an online application which includes a two-minute video describing your motivation and your efforts to bring about a positive change in your community. There is also a 35 USD application administration fee (the fee is less than 2% of the cost of bringing a participant to the summit).
- STep 1: Pay your non-refundable application fee. NB Please make sure to copy your transaction number to paste it on the online application form.
- STep 2: Make and upload the 2 minute application video.
- STep 3: Fill in the online application form. NB You cannot save your application, so we suggest that you prepare your written application using the application guide as a reference and copy- paste your answers directly to the form thereafter.
Are you one of the next Global Changemakers? Apply now!
For more information, visit Global Youth Summit.