Apply for Voice’s Power to Unheard Voices: Kenya Empowerment Grants Program!
Deadline: 1 October 2018
Are you an emerging and/or informal group that is led by one of Voice’s target groups? Do you want to work on leadership and/or increasing confidence of and within your group members to work against stigmatisation of marginalised and discriminated groups? Do you have and/or wish to implement home-grown strategies in mobilising key state agencies at national and sub-county level to promote a positive image of your members and fight discrimination? If yes, then apply for the Empowerment Grants Program!
Voice believes that power needs to be redistributed into the hands of marginalised and discriminated groups in Kenya, allowing them to be empowered, accepted and participate fully in development.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment,
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular, and
- Space for political participation and citizen engagement
Empowerment Grants have a minimum of 12 months and a maximum duration of 24 months with a budget ranging from EUR 5,000 to EUR 25,000.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- Age-discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- People living with disabilities
- Voice is accepting proposals from small and/or emerging informal groups where the Voice target groups and their organisations are in the driving seat, whether leading on their own, with allies, or exploring and co-creating solutions with others. International as well as national organisations cannot be lead applicants but can team up as a co-applicant in the case of consortium applications.
- Preference will be given to Voice target groups still underrepresented by current grantees.
- Voice Kenya wishes to consolidate its work and will only fund projects that will be implemented in the following counties that are still unreached and inadequately served; Garissa, Wajir, Kakamega, Vihiga, Bungoma, Kwale, Kilifi & Tana River.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Empowerment Grants.