Apply for UNODC’s Multi-stakeholder Workshop on UNCAC and its Review Mechanism!
Deadline: 6 July 2018
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is seeking applications for its Multi-stakeholder workshop on the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and its review mechanism.
The four-day workshop will provide participants with substantive expertise on UNCAC provisions, enabling them to contribute to the review alongside governments and other relevant stakeholders.
The engagement of civil society in the fight against corruption is crucial in preventing and combating this global plague. This application form targets Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and relevant stakeholders working on good governance and transparency that wish to be trained on UNCAC and its review mechanism.
- The mandatory requirements for eligibility are the following:
- Only Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) based in the Southeast European Region can apply (focus on Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Serbia).
- CSOs are defined as not-for-profit organizations including Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), community groups, trade unions, indigenous groups, charitable organizations, faith-based organizations, professional associations and foundations. Business is not included in this category.
- Only one representative per organization can apply.
- Priority will be given to:
- Organizations and representatives having experience in conducting monitoring, legal analysis, drafting reports, working with the private sector, advocacy, and the organization’s potential to make useful contributions to the review process and follow-up activities;
- Representatives having a good knowledge of English;
- Other elements such as geographical balance across the continent, diverse ideological and professional backgrounds; gender, ethnic and social diversity will also be considered in the final selection of participants.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants can download the application forms via given website.
For more information, please visit Multi-stakeholder Workshop.