Apply for the ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition 2020 (Win €10,000 prize)
Deadline: Varies by Country
Do you have a green business idea and want to take it to the next level? Apply for the ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition 2020. Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why they create a stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC.
Prizes in the National (and if applicable Regional Finals) differ per country and region.
- The overall Winner of the Global Grand Final receives €10,000, the runner up gets €5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins €2,500. All prizewinners are responsible for any taxes, wire transfer costs and other possible costs related to receiving the prize money.
- The top 16 teams selected by the jury to perform in the Final Round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator, the renowned business school where great ideas grow into great businesses.
- Open to anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur;
- You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready. They will help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
How the Competition Works
ClimateLaunchpad helps you get your idea battle-proof. There are three rounds to the competition:
- Step 1: Boot Camp: ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with a 2-day Boot Camp in your own country. Their trainers will teach you all you need to know about jump-starting your business.
- Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals (and if applicable Regional Finals): The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National Final where you’ll pitch in front of the National Jury. If applicable, the top teams may go on to Regional Finals. Winning teams of National and/or Regional Finals get to compete in the Global Grand Final.
- Step 3: Global Grand Final: There are cash prizes to be won. The top 16 teams selected by the jury to perform in the Final Round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator, the renowned business school where great ideas grow into great businesses.
To apply for ClimateLaunchpad 2020, all you have to do is fill out the application form. If you don’t have full answers to all of the questions in the form, feel free to give rough estimates. The important thing is to get your form submitted before your country’s deadline.