Apply for the Andela Kenya Fellowship Cohort 28
Deadline: March 2, 2018
Do you dream of using technology to change the world? Join the Andela movement, to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and cities across Africa.
The Andela Fellowship is a full-time employment opportunity that will enable you to own your learning as you hone the skills you need to become a global technology leader. They seek out exceptional people from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to unlocking their full potential and improving the world through technology.
Through four years of intensive learning and real work experience on the world’s leading engineering teams, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a global technology leader.
- After the Andela fellowship, the highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
- You must be 18 or older;
- Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements;
- Andela is a full-time, four-year commitment, so if you have any major commitment such as school or work, they recommend applying when you have graduated, stopped school or ended other commitments;
- Most importantly, you must embody Andela’s values: Excellence, Passion, Integrity and Collaboration
There are five stages of application:
- Join the Andela Community: You’ll join 10,000+ aspiring tech leaders by expressing your interest and describing your motivations for leveraging Andela’s technical leadership resources. Complete a free application and personality/values assessment so they can learn how to further empower you as a tech leader.
- Advance your Expertise: You will leverage Andela’s open-source learning resources for software development and team skills to complete a technical assessment that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You can find the downloadable version of this course here.
- In-person Interview: Based on the quality of outputs you create you may be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and developers at an Andela office.
- Simulated Sprint: Successful applicants are invited to participate in a two-week, simulated development sprint led by senior Andela developers. The two weeks comprise of one week of home-based self-learning and one week of product development on-site at an Andela campus. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as on a team to deliver a final project. Andela is looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
- Become an Andelan: The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
For more information, visit Andela Kenya Fellowship.