Apply for Playking Travel Grants Program in Australia
Deadline: 8 March 2019
In association with Arts Centre Melbourne, Playking Foundation is seeking applications for its travel grants to assist Australian artists establish creative connections and pursue performing arts collaborations in Asia.
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis with priority given to professional artists of distinctive talent and proven capacity who are proposing original, high quality and new creative collaborations which:
- bridge cultural divides through artistic practice
- are intended to result in a performance outcome in Australia and/or Asia in the foreseeable future
- profile a diversity of artists, cultures and creative outcomes
The emphasis of successful proposals will be the exploration and development of collaborative performance projects bringing together the work of Australian and Asian artists who have not previously collaborated in any substantial way.
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents with current passports
- Proposed travel must not have commenced prior to the grant being awarded and must be concluded within twelve months of the grant being received
- Applicants must be professional arts practitioners with experience in inter-cultural practice and/or a strong track record of collaboration
- The applicant’s project will be at an early stage of development and the artists will not have previously collaborated together in any substantial way
- Project proposals will outline an artistic rationale and collaborative process which imagines future stages of development
- Applications will include a viable break-even budget which clearly indicates the amount requested and the source of any additional funds which may be required to undertake the travel
- Applicants must provide letters of confirmation from their international hosts and brief creative statements from principal collaborators
- Interest from potential presenters (in Australia or Asia) may also be submitted
- Projects may be independently developed or through a group or producing company
- Details of all artists travelling on the grant must be included in the application
- Artists may only be named in one application per round
- Previous recipients of Playking Travel Grants may not reapply for three years
- Only complete applications will be accepted – additional material will not be accepted once the application has been submitted
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://playkingfoundation.smartygrants.com.au/