Apply for Media Travel Grants Program (Round 2)
Deadline: 15 July 2019
Asia New Zealand Foundation is seeking applications for its Media Travel GrantsProgram to offer New Zealand journalists the chance to travel independently to Asia to research and prepare stories to help demystify Asia for New Zealand audiences.
Media travel grants are awarded on a competitive basis to journalists who have a clear plan of the stories they want to cover.
- The grant can be used to cover most work-related costs, including return economy airfares, insurance, per diem allowances and visa and airport taxes.
- The Foundation may not be able to fund the full amount of some projects.
- The Foundation funds visits Asia of up to three weeks’ duration.
- The Asia New Zealand Foundation does not make travel arrangements for media travel grant recipients and cannot sponsor visas. It is their responsibility to obtain the appropriate visas for their travel.
- Applicants must be:
- either working as journalists for New Zealand news organisations or as freelance journalists
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Preference will be given to candidates who:
- are interested in deepening their knowledge of Asia
- have a proven track record in journalism
- are currently based in New Zealand
- can provide a stimulating, well-researched and focused proposal outlining story ideas
- can demonstrate that their material is likely to reach a substantial audience.
- Journalists working for news organisations should provide a letter of support from their employer. Freelancers should provide correspondence showing that one or more news organisation(s) will publish/broadcast work resulting from the proposed project.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: New Zealand
For more information, please visit https://www.asianz.org.nz/media/media-grants/