Apply for ICFJ/CONNECTAS Fellowship Program!
Deadline: 9 September 2018
International Center for Journalism (ICFJ) has partnered with CONNECTAS, under the Investigative Reporting Initiative in the Americas(IRIA) project to invite experienced investigative journalists to apply for a new Fellowship opportunity: ICFJ/CONNECTAS Fellowship.
- Receive a stipend of $3,000 for the entire duration of the Fellowship;
- Work on one in-depth reporting project related to an issue of public interest, such as human rights, corruption or violence;
- Have the opportunity to be connected to an ICFJ/CONNECTAS mentor;
- Have the opportunity to receive advice about security protocols in high-risk cases;
- Be required to provide 12 hours of their services as part of their fellowship to support other ConnectasHub members working on investigations;
- After completion of Fellowship, applicants will become a member of the CONNECTASHub community;
- Publish applicant’s piece within five months from the start of the Fellowship;
- Cooperate with the re-publication and distribution terms of the project.
It is open to journalists from the region who reside in the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
Requirements to apply
- Currently live in one of the target countries listed above;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of investigative experience;
- Provide a minimum of three (3) in-depth investigative stories published within the last two (2) years;
- Submit a detailed budget, investigation worksheet, and timeline;
- Provide two professional references;
- Submit a letter of support from a news outlet interested in publishing applicant’s piece(s);
- It is not a requirement to be a member of the CONNECTASHub but applications from CONNECTASHub members are encouraged;
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Apply for ICFJ/CONNECTAS Fellowship Program.