Apply for Graham Foundation’s 2019 Grants to Organization
Deadline: 25 February 2019
The Graham Foundation is currently inviting eligible applicants for its 2019 ‘Grants to Organization’.
For organizations, the foundation’s priorities are to:
- Assist with the production and presentation of significant programs about architecture and the designed environment in order to promote dialogue, raise awareness, and develop new and wider audiences.
- Support them in their effort to take risks in programming and create opportunities for experimentation.
- Recognize the vital role they play in providing individuals with a public forum in which to present their work.
- Help them to realize projects that would otherwise not be possible without support.
- The Graham Foundation offers Production and Presentation Grants to organizations.
- These grants assist organizations with the production-related expenses that are necessary to take a project from conceptualization to realization and public presentation. These projects include, but are not limited to, publications, exhibitions, installations, films, new mediaprojects, conferences/lectures, and other public programs.
- Projects must have clearly defined goals, work plans, budgets, and production and dissemination plans.
- Applications for Publication Support: Unless the applicant is a publisher, an organization applying for publication support should have a committed publisher for the work, that is, a publisher with whom applicants has a contractual agreement to publish their project.
- Grant Amount: Production and Presentation Grants to organizations do not exceed $30,000 and are likely to be much less. Given the demand for funding, the Graham Foundation is not always able to fund grantees at the full request amount.
- Grant Period: Production and Presentation Grants must be completed within two years of the project start date. Applicants should allow sufficient time to plan, implement, close out their project, and, if funded, acknowledge Graham Foundation support in all published media.
- The Foundation’s grant-making focuses on organizations in the United States; however, the foundation does make a small percentage of international grants. Please note the foundation requires that final projects be disseminated in English.
- Grants to Organizations:
- Organizations are eligible to apply for Production and Presentation Grants.
- 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations are eligible for funding. Under some circumstances the foundation will make grants to other entities when there is clear evidence that the public interest will be served, for example, in the case of a publisher or an emerging organization that does not yet have tax exempt status.
- An organization or academic department/unit may only apply for one grant per year. (In the case of large institutions with multiple departments, a subsidiary department/unit may apply for one grant per year. For example, an academic department/unit at a university may apply for one grant per year.)
- Applicants who have received prior Graham Foundation support must have satisfied all grant requirements before applying again.
The foundation believes projects of the greatest potential should fulfill the following criteria:
- Originality: the project demonstrates an innovative, challenging idea; critical, independent thinking; advanced scholarship; a new or experimental approach
- Potential for impact: the project makes a meaningful contribution to discourse and/or to the field; expands knowledge; is a catalyst for future inquiry; raises awareness of an understudied issue; promotes diversity in subject matter, participants, and audience
- Feasibility: the project has clear and realistic goals, timeframe, work plan, and budget
- Capacity: applicant possesses strong qualifications and/or knowledge; demonstrates ability to carry out the project successfully; has access to necessary resources outside of the grant request
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.grahamfoundation.org/grant_programs?mode=organization