Apply for FINNOVATION Fellowship Program for Impact Entrepreneurs!
Deadline: 15 July 2018
The FINNOVATION Lab has announced the FINNOVATION Fellowship Program for impact entrepreneurs.
The Fellowship is a nine month incubator and fellowship program to support impact entrepreneurs who:
- Are hungry to understand the context and causes behind some of the world’s most pressing problems
- Are passionate about leveraging an entrepreneurial idea to make a big social or environmental impact
- Are eager to develop innovative business models to solve problems in new ways
- Are committed to growing into their potential as a leader
- Need a runway of support to get their enterprise launched
- INCUBATION: A dedicated desk at the state-of-the art space at FINNOVATION Lab and Impact Hub MSP collaboration workspace, located on the top floor of the FINNEGANS House in downtown Minneapolis.
- FUNDING: Every fellow will receive a full time living stipend of $50,000, plus a $3,000 healthcare stipend, to offset living expenses and set-up costs for the nine month Fellowship.
- MENTORSHIP: Each Fellow will have access to a network of mentors – a combination of experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts drawn from FINNOVATION Lab’s skills-based volunteering initiatives with local corporations and university partnerships.
- CURRICULUM: Fellows will participate in one or two curated curriculum days each week and have a range of tools and resources at their fingertips to guide their learning journey and business model development.
- If applicant have a good idea and are at least 18 years of age, applicant are eligible to Applicants can be of any educational background, and there is no citizenship requirement.
- They are looking for leaders who are having bold ideas and the skills to execute. Applicants are:
- Audacious enough to think applicant can solve an intractable problem, but humble enough to listen to feedback and test their idea
- Willing to fail in order to learn, but resilient enough to try again
- Applicants to the FINNOVATION Fellowship are individuals who have identified a particular social problem that they feel passionate about addressing and have developed (at the very least) a hypothesis (or “idea”) for a potential enterprise. This enterprise must have a long term plan for financial sustainability and social impact. And Fellows must be prepared to be ready to launch their enterprise at or before graduation from the program.
- Enterprise ideas can be for-profit companies, or they can be non-profit organizations that have an earned revenue component. Social impact may be in education, health, environment, hunger, poverty-alleviation, or elsewhere, as long as applicant can make a case for that is it a “force for good.”
- The application is open to social entrepreneurs, community leaders, recent graduates, current professionals or changemakers working on any social issue, who have an innovative idea for solving a social problem.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.