Apply for eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme 2019/2020 (USD$200k in funding for projects)
Deadline: November 30, 2019
Youth from across the ASEAN region are invited to apply for the eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN Programme (EYAAP) 2019/2020. The eMpowering Youths Across ASEAN (EYAA) is a partnership programme between Maybank Foundation and ASEAN Foundation that aims to alleviate poverty and improve the social and economic wellbeing of ASEAN communities through youth volunteerism and social innovation.
This year’s programme offers a new format where the participants will get to choose the civil society organisations (CSOs) and the social enterprises (SEs) they will be working with throughout the 2-week project implementation period.
The selected 100 youths as well as the shortlisted CSOs and SEs will converge in Bangkok, Thailand around March 2020 to take part in the Regional Workshop of EYAAP.
The youth will go through a series of capacity building sessions and select the CSOs and SEs from the shortlist to best utilise a total funding of USD$200,000 (up to USD$20K per project) for ten community projects.
This programme is open for youth who fulfil the following criteria:
- Age of 19-35 years old by applicant’s next birthday (2020)
- Citizens of ASEAN Member States
- Fluency in English, as mentoring, trainings, and general communication during the programme will be fully conducted in English, participants are required to be able to have verbal and written fluency in English.
- Full commitment themselves to one-week regional training from 2 to 9 March 2020 and two weeks of overseas volunteering project on from 1 to 17 April 2020.
If you are shortlisted to go through to the next process, please submit the following documents:
- A letter of permission from your employer to take part in the eMpowering Youth Across ASEAN.
- A letter of Commitment which states that participants fully committed to taking part in the programme.
- Medical Certificate that proof the participant is fit, and travel insurance.