Apply for 2018 Zambezi Prize! Solving Africa’s Biggest Financial Inclusion Challenges
Deadline: 1 June 2018
The Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation is seeking applications for its 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion that aims to unearth and celebrate the startups that are solving Africa’s biggest financial inclusion challenges.
The MIT Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion is a global platform that supports Africa’s leading financial inclusion entrepreneurs with multiple rewards from funding to training opportunities.
- Cash Prize: Win $200,000 in cash prizes and get fast-tracked to MIT’s $1 Million Inclusive Innovation Challenge.
- Join the Mit Legatum Family: Join the MIT Legatum Center family and get recognized as a winner of the MIT Inclusive Innovation Challenge.
- Investor and Mentor Access: Get introduced to investors and mentors from the MIT Legatum network of global leaders
- Attend Boot Camp: Attend the Zambezi boot camp at the MIT campus and boost your leadership skills
In order to participate in the MIT Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion, Applicants company needs to address one of the following nine challenges:
- Low Financial Literacy
- Limited Access to Financial Institutions
- Low and Unpredictable Income
- Proof of Identity
- Distrust in Financial Services
- Difficulty in Meeting Unforeseen Shock
- Limited Commercial Viability
- Complex and Costly Partnership Agreements
- Limited Financial Infrastructure
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.