Applications Open for VilCap Communities Africa Programme!
Deadline: 6 July 2018
Village Capital and the UK Department for International Development (DFID) Impact Programme are seeking applications for its VilCap Communities Africa programme to equip entrepreneur ecosystem leaders across sub-Saharan Africa with the tools, resources and connections they need to catalyse impact investment.
Applications are now open for entrepreneur support organisations (ESO’s) to take part in forums on September 24-28 and October 22-26.
The programme will cover:
- How to attract funding for program
- How to stimulate investment capital in ecosystem
- How to help prepare entrepreneurs to become ready for investment
- How to improve certain aspects of ecosystem that need development, such as corporate partnerships, mentor networks, angel networks and access to venture capital.
- To be eligible to apply, Applicants must be focused on supporting early-stage impact enterprises addressing countrywide or regional problems, such as financial inclusion, agriculture, healthcare, environmental sustainability and others affecting those in poverty.
- Applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- Accelerator or incubator of early-stage companies
- Seed stage or early-stage venture capital firm
- Association or network of entrepreneurs
- SME business advisory firm
- University incubator
- Think tank
- Foundation or family office
- Applicants are welcome to apply jointly with other entrepreneur support organisations from the same country, region, trade zone, common market or with an organisation which shares their social agenda.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit VilCap Communities Africa Programme.