Applications Open for Mobility First! ASEF Cultural Mobility Initiative 2018
Deadline: 30 June 2018
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) has launched a 2018 call for Mobility First! – Travel grant that support international travel for artists and cultural professionals in Asia and Europe.
Through this initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for cross-border activities that include participation in events, networking, research and collaborative meetings. Mobility support is provided to selected individuals for travel from Asia to Europe, Europe to Asia & within Asia.
Through this initiative, ASEF supports the mobility of artists and cultural professionals for participation in the following 7 types of activities:
- Workshops or trainings
- Conferences or forums
- Festivals, biennales, or international exhibitions
- Artists’ or writers’ residencies
- Partner meeting/s to set up or maintain an existing partnership
- Practice-led research
- “Go and see” / short-term exploration / networking
Travel Regions & Grant Amounts
- Currently, the selection criteria for Mobility First! prioritises cultural mobility from Asia to Europe; from Europe to Asia; and, within Asia. All travel must be international.
- Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 2,000 for travel from Asia to Europe or Europe to Asia.
- Successful applicants will be given up to a maximum of Singapore Dollars (SGD) 1,000 for travel within Asia.
- Additional funding is available for people with disabilities and special needs.
- Artists & cultural professionals from any artistic genre (such as visual arts, performing arts, film, heritage etc.) may apply. Applications focusing on contemporary artistic and cultural disciplines are encouraged.
- Artists are defined as those directly involved in the production of artworks in any genre of the arts.
- Cultural professionals are defined as others working in the field of arts & culture such as curators, arts writers (including critics), arts managers, researchers etc.
- Applicants should be citizens of member countries of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) and seek support for travel within the ASEM region.
- Applicants may seek travel support to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above.
- Cultural organisations may apply to become ASEF’s partners; selected organisations will co-select individuals who will receive support to attend specific events organised by the partner (e.g. arts festivals, conferences).
- Selected partner organisations are expected organise the event as well as provide selected persons with local contacts and context. For example, an arts organisation organising a photography festival may wish to apply to Mobility First! and together with ASEF, will co-select 4 photographers who will be given ASEF’s support to be present at the festival.
- Cultural organisations that operate in any artistic or cultural genre may apply. Non-profit arts organisations will be prioritised.
- Cultural organisations should be based in any of the ASEM member countries and operating in the ASEM region (nationally or bi-regionally)
- Organisations should be applying for travel support for individuals to participate in any of the 7 types of eligible activities listed above.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, the Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam.
For more information, please visit Call for Mobility First.