Applications open for Mass Action Grant Allocation
The MASS Action (Migrant & Asylum Seeker Solidarity & Action) are excited to announce that the applications for one-off grants of up to £10,000 is now open.
The MASS Action is a registered UK charity. They support grassroots projects with dignified and sustainable initiatives for migrants and asylum seekers, so they can worry less about fundraising and focus more on their work on the ground. They believe safe and legal freedom of movement should be for everyone, and through this belief they want to transform how people understand and react to the movement of people. What is important to them is that, although the projects they support may have different activities, they share the values of solidarity, community and mutual-aid.
- Through this Grant Allocation they aim to support multiple grassroots projects in Greece, the UK, and Northern France with one-off grants of up to £10,000.
- They encourage the applicants to apply for the amount they will use best and not just the highest possible amount.
- Detailed and well thought-through projects requesting £2,000 will be considered as seriously as projects requesting £5,000 or £10,000.
- Some applications demonstrating exceptional scope and need may be awarded an extended allocation.
- The funds are to be used within one year.
- The Grant Allocation will be available to projects providing immediate aid in the current context and also to those working with ongoing, long term initiatives and advocacy.
- The allocation is open to groups based in the UK and Greece and Northern France (Hauts-de-France).
- Grassroots projects that provide dignified and sustainable initiatives for migrants and asylum seekers in Greece, the UK, and Northern France (only in the Hauts-de-France region) may apply.
- They aim to support small groups which break dependency cycles by centering people with lived experience of migration.
- They are open to accepting applications from unregistered organisations if you can provide information on your past activities and intentions for the funding.
- They do not fund large International Non-Government Organisations (INGOs) and they will prioritise organisations that have limited access to funding streams.
For more information, visit MASS Action.