Applications Open for Japan-ASEAN Research Collaboration 2018!
Deadline: 20 July 2018
Applications are open for Japan-ASEAN Research Collaboration 2018. Together with the their headquarters and joint laboratories in Thailland, Indonesia and Malaysia, JASTIP-Net also plays an important role in strengthening the Japan-ASEAN research collaboration networknetwork, as well as widening and deepening the coverage of the JASTIP activities across the ASEAN region.
It expands the outreach of JASTIP by seeking prospective and promising partners to launch new research initiatives that expand the existing JASTIP collaborations. JASTIP-Net also acts as an incubator for developing capacities, fostering partnership and growing new endeavors into mature research projects.
- Partnership, Networking and Integrated Approach
- Operational linkages among academic sector, government agencies, and private sectors in the ASEAN Member States and Japan.
- Study a strategy/policy to apply STI collaboration at a country/regional level to social implementation for achieving SDGs in the ASEAN region.
- Energy and Environment Joint Laboratory
- Implementation Study of Renewable Energy in Southeast Asia
- Bioresources and Biodiversity Joint Laboratory
- Studies on biodiversity in the ASEAN region contributing to the improvement of identification, collection and/or information.
- Sustainable utilization of bioresources for biorefinery, bioremediation, wood construction, food or medicine.
- Plant improvement for agroforestry systems and carbon sequestration contributing to the mitigation of and/or adaptation to climate change.
- Disaster Prevention Joint Laboratory
- Innovative ideas on disaster prevention, mitigation and recovery technologies and policies peculiar to each ASEAN Member State.
- How to cope with trans-boundary disasters in the ASEAN region such as tsunami, flood, drought and haze.
- Understanding and quantitative evaluating disaster risks peculiar to the ASEAN Member States.
- Applicants must fall under the following categories:
- Researchers and/or practitioners who are resident in Japan or the ASEAN Member States.
- Researchers and/or practitioners belonging to organizations such as universities, educational/research institutions, private sectors and governmental agencies.
- Applications can be submitted by an individual or by a team of individuals.
- They also prefer to receive proposals that consider the following perspectives and approaches as screening criteria;
- Emphasis on potential linkages to achieving the SDGs at the local and national level
- Practical research and pilot implementation on the ground in the ASEAN Member States
- Joint proposals by researchers from two or more countries
- Application by young and female researchers
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit JASTIP-Net.