Applications Open for IWMF’s Howard G. Buffet Fund for Women Journalists 2018 Round 2!
Deadline: 5 August 2018
International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is seeking applications for the 2nd round of its 2018 Howard G. Buffet Fund for Women Journalists to promote the work and advance the role of women in the news media across the globe is critical to transparency and a diversity of voices.
The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists. Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund will support projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting and media development initiatives. The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Howard G. Buffet Fund.