Applications Open for Heightening Institutional Capacity for Government Use of Health Research Award!
Deadline: 15 August 2018
Applications are open for Heightening Institutional Capacity for Government Use of Health Research (HIGH-Res) Award.
This is a joint call for proposals from the Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research and Wellcome to enhance the capacity of ministries of health in lower-middle and low-income countries to use health research evidence in policy-making.
This call will fund one consortium up to US$ 1,000,000 for a maximum duration of 36 months.
- Implement innovative and sustainable interventions in ministries of health at the national or sub-national level that address specific needs for enhancing capacity to use research evidence in decision-making.
- Use robust methods to evaluate the effectiveness and impact of these interventions
- The collaborating research or academic teams must be based at recognized institutions with the capacity to undertake high-quality research. This means an institution that possesses an existing in-house capacity to host a grant and can demonstrate an independent capability to undertake and lead on research programmes.
- Ministries of health must engage as implementing partners and are required to co-lead the consortium. Applications that include capacity building and comparison across several different institutions and/or countries are encouraged.
- The primary applicants must be based in at least developed, lower-income or lower-middle income country.
How to Apply
Applicants can submit their application via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit HIGH-Res Award.