Applications Open for Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award!
Deadline: 1 October 2018(LOIs)
Applications are open for Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award: Capacity Building that is intended to bring more patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other healthcare stakeholders into the research process.
The goal is to support projects that will build a community that is better able to participate in patient‐centered outcomes research (PCOR) and comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER), and to serve as channels to disseminate study results.
PCORI intends for these projects to focus on strengthening the infrastructure and relationships necessary to actively disseminate and implement research results or products derived from PCORI or related studies. Project activities may include developing, demonstrating, and evaluating the processes/pathways/tools necessary to incorporate PCOR/CER results into decision‐making settings.
PCORI was authorized by Congress in 2010 as a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization. PCORI’s purpose is to help patients, caregivers, clinicians, policy makers, and other healthcare system stakeholders make better‐informed health decisions by “advancing the quality and relevance of evidence about how to prevent, diagnose, treat, monitor, and manage diseases, disorders, and other health conditions.”
- The funding available is up to $250,000 in total costs for projects up to two years.
- Applications may be submitted by any private‐sector research organization, including any nonprofit or for‐profit organization;
- Any public‐sector research organization, including any university or college hospital or healthcare system;
- Any laboratory or manufacturer; or
- Any unit of local, state, or federal government.
- All U.S. applicant organizations must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and must have an Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- International organizations also may apply;
- Organizations may submit multiple applications for funding.
- Individuals are not permitted to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit PCORI